Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Ingredients: (measuring cup used = 240ml)
- 1/2 cup millet or siridhanya (Any siridhanya can be used)
- 1.5 cup water
Ingredients for recipe1:
- 1 cup milk
- Sugar as per your taste
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp raisins
Ingredients for recipe2:
- 1 cup curd
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 2 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- A pinch of asafoetida or hing
- 1 green chili or butter milk chili
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Salt as per your taste
Ingredients for recipe3:
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp ghee
- salt as required
- Pickle as required
Instructions for making siridhanya or millets recipes:
- Take any siridhanya or millet in a pressure cooker and rinse it well. I have used little millet or Same akki in this recipe.
- Cook the millet or siridhanya well by adding 3 times water.
- Now take another 1/3rd of cooked millet in first bowl. Add in milk and sugar.
- Heat little ghee in a skillet. Roast raisins and add this to the bowl.
- Next take 1/3rd of cooked millet in the second bowl. Add in salt, curd and mix it well.
- Prepare tempering using oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, finely chopped ginger, curry leaves, chili and asafoetida. Add this tempering to the bowl.
- Take the remaining 1/3rd of cooked millet in the third bowl. Add in hot water and salt.
- Also add in ghee and give a quick mix.
- Top it with pickle.
- Enjoy all three simple yet rich and healthy breakfast.
Dear reader, We have a brief Kannada description of this recipe. Click here to read this recipe in Kannada.